Join United Way for a casual get-together at The Lake and Co Shop for First Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. If you are looking for a way to plug into the community, Meet the Brewer is a great opportunity to connect with a diverse group of local and seasonal residents, plus enjoy a guided tasting with Klockow Brewing Company.
Proceeds from tasting and 10% of store purchases will benefit local programs and services funded by the United Way of 1000 Lakes.
For more information, call United Way at 999-7570, or visit www.unitedwayof1000lakes.org
The Kiesler Wellness Center will be having a fundraiser at Klockow Brewing to raise funds for a scholarship that will help those with insurance barriers receive mental health services. Comedians David Harris and Bryan Miller will be preforming. Purchase a raffle ticket for $5 dollars at the Kiesler Wellness Center for a chance to win $500. More raffles will be at the event starting at 6:00PM! The event is free will donation for admission.
Each year, United Ways across the country participate in a nationwide day of service called Day of Action. It's the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and let your actions speak louder than words, and to show, by example, what it means to LIVE UNITED.
In addition to service projects, United Way hosts a Personal Care Drive to help vulnerable people at risk of meeting their basic needs, including hygiene items. The care items are distributed to United Way’s partners to help meet the needs of individuals they serve.
PERSONAL CARE DRIVE:
• Coordinate a drive at your church, organization, civic group or business. Download Toolkit: http://bit.ly/1Liagdh
• Donate much needed items or make a monetary contribution for items such as: toothbrushes, deodorant, laundry detergent,diapers, and paper products.
• Bring items to United Way, or see a list of Drop off sites here:http://bit.ly/1Liagdh
DAY OF ACTION PROJECTS:
• Grand Rapids MN Farmers Market - Various grounds beautification projects from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Klockow Brewing Company - Post party and speed volunteering opportunities at 3 p.m.
Come to KBC on Sunday for a 75 minute yoga session with Jess from Prana Yoga and a pint to follow for $15 for one session or $25 for both May sessions! Sign up in the taproom before then or before the session starts! Space is limited! Namaste and Prost!